Various objects that are cool-ish
So I haven't had a lot of time to work on this the last couple of months, but I've been able to squeeze in a few hours here and there. Life is incredibly busy right now, but my day job is slowing down because of the summer so I'm anticipating a bit of game making time coming up.
The level editor isn't done yet, and I've taken a short break from it in favour of fixing some stuff in the actual game. Will try to get back to the level editor as soon as I can. I've also spent some time rewriting large chunks of the story, as well as thinking about how I can reduce the scope to keep myself in check.
- Added various decor
- Fixed some gadgets
- Streamlined the lighting system a bit to allow for easier color swapping
- Automated some of the manual work when creating levels, like placing "lightmaps" and collision boxes
- Creating a level editor is hard work. Starting to think about if the benefits are worth it? Still want other players to create levels though, the game is simply perfect for such a tool.
- I've started looking around a bit for an artist to create som promotional/concept pieces. Thinking it would serve to inspire me as much as have a practical use.
- The game is fun to play still, but I'm the only one who has played it. Maybe I should create a short demo with a lot of the features and see if I can get som early feedback?
- Visuals are still very hard for me to do correctly. Sometimes I think the game looks awful. The screenshot above has an area where I use yellow for all the details, which makes it look boring. But when I try to mix some color in there it looks even worse somehow.
Until next time!
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.